Maruyama Zoo is located to the opposite side of Hokkaido Shrine. As you leave behind the Shrine, take the right side path to the parking for Urasando. Through the parking, you will see the small building of Maruyama Hachijyu-Hakkasho in the woods. Then you go up to the right way for Maruyama Zoo. It takes within 5 minutes by walk. Maruyama Zoo has been renovating its old facilities so that many people have been coming back here not only families but also young couples. Asahiyama Zoo in the city of Asahikawa became the most famous zoo in Japan. But Maruyama Zoo has been making efforts for presentations recently. Very fun!
Get a taxi if you have 3 peoples and above instead of bus.
- Take a Tozai Line to Maruyama Kouen(円山公園).
- EXIT from No.2.
- Take a bus(円15 動物園線) to Maruyama Zoo(動物園前) or a bus(円14 荒井山線) to Sogo-Ground-Mae(総合グランド前).
- To walk, EXIT from No.3 for Maruyama Park(円山公園), Maruyama Zoo(円山動物園), Hokkaido Jingu(北海道神宮)
- 15min walking through the Maruyama Park.
- Take a Taxi if there are more than 3 people, just 3 min.