Shiretoko Museum(知床博物館) presents large collections of records and documents relating to the wild animals, plants and insects such as Higuma, Hokkaido bear, and Steller’s sea eagle. Also the museum shows many documents of local history about the prehistoric age and Ainu culture in Shari town. This is the place in order to deeply understand what Shiretoko is.
- 20 min by walk or 5 min by car from Shiretoko Shari station
- 40 min by car from Abashiri station
- 1 hour by car from Memanbetsu Airport
April to October Monday, if Monday is Holiday, it’s opened and next Tuesday is closed. November to March Monday and Holiday(Saturday and Sunday opened) If Monday is Holiday, next Tuesday is closed. Dec,30 to Jan, 5 are closed.
- Adult: ¥300 (Group of more 15 person: ¥250)
- Under Junior High School: Free