posted on August 31, 2014
This place is written as [知床世界遺産センター] in Japanese.
The Shiretoko World Heritage Center shows you life-size photos of brown bears, deer and other animals living in Shiretoko. Also there are some replicas of scratch by animals such as bears which makes you learn about rules and manners when you explorer the great natutre of Shiretoko. The Shiretoko World Heritage Center also provides real-time information on Shiretoko’s sights and nature, and the latest information on the management of the Shiretoko World Natural Heritage.
- summer: Apr, 20 – Ocy, 20 8:30 – 17:30
- winter: Oct, 21 – Apr, 19 9:00 – 16:30
- during in the winter, Oct, 21 – Apr, 19, Tuesdays and Year-end/New Year holidays
- 6 buses
- 30 cars
- Available, including wheelchair access
- next to the Utoro Shirietoku Michi-no-Eki