Which IC Cards is the Best for Transport in Sapporo City?
Imagine when you get to the hotel you are about to stay tonight, you are supposed to take a bus, subway or tram.
You need a ticket for subway and small changes for bus every single riding. It’s really troublesome! Of course you got a taxi, no problem at all.
But in many cases, you use public transport to get sights you like. You have to transfer many times over. It takes time even if you just get a ticket. Why don’t you avoid wasting your time.
There are several IC cards for public transport in Japan. You may be confused which IC card you should choose. It depends on the case of your travel. However, it will be decided by the first location where you arrive in Japan.
Most travelers arrive at the airport so that you are supposed to have an IC card there. It is important for you to have one which is available to use in other transport area. Fortunately most of IC cards below are available to use in their own area each other.
- Kitaca (Great Sapporo)
- Suica (Great Tokyo, Sendai, Niigata and Sapporo)
- PASMO(Great Tokyo)
- manaca(Great Nagoya)
- TOICA (Great Nagoya) no english page
- ICOCA(Great Osaka) If you’ll arrive at the Kansai International Airport, ICOCA&HARUKA is a reasonable choice.
- PiTAPA(Great Osaka) no english page
- nimoca(Great Ohita and Fukuoka) no english page
- SUGOCA(Great Fukuoka, Saga.Ohoita,Kumamoto, Nagasaki and Kagoshima)
- はやかけん(pronounced “Hayakaken”)(Great Fukuoka)
We recommend Kitaca, Suica, TOICA, ICOCA, SUGOKA or PASMO.
IC cards above are available for using other area. But you can’t get the train over the area.You have to check the range available for moving. If you are staying in Tokyo and go to Sapporo,Hokkaido by JR train tomorrow, you can’t use IC card. You need a ticket for Sapporo instead of your IC card. Read detail information of each IC card above carefully.