Heiwa-no-taki Falls, the foot of Mt.Teine in Sapporo
The west ward of the city of Sapporo, the Heiwanotaki Falls is located in Nishi-ku(西区) ward and at the foot of Mt.Teine, the tallest mountain in Sapporo. There is an entrance for climbing to Mt.Teine, which is so popular that there are many people hiking and climbing at the weekend and holiday even in the winter. [divider]
Subway & Bus
To Heiwanotaki Fall
- Get off at Hassamu-minami station.（発寒南駅） at Tozai Line（東西線）
- Take a JR Bus: 発41 or 琴42 for ‘Heiwa-no-taki iriguchi-yuki’（平和の滝入り口行き）
- Get off the bus at ‘Heiwa-no-taki-iriguchi’（平和の滝入り口）the last stop.
- Go ahead to the right side road by 15-20 minutes walking to the Heiwa Falls. It’s the end of the road.
Back to Hassamu-minami station.（発寒南駅）
- Take a JR Bus: 発42 to Hassamu-minami station.（発寒南駅）
- Get on at Hassamu-nimani station.（発寒南駅） at Tozai Line（東西線）
The Heiwanotaki Falls is left side of the entrance. This is a beautiful falls despite its size. The water is clear, cold and calm all the year. But in the beginning of the spring, the river collecting melted snow increase its volume of water. The falls changes its gentle water to a bad muddy flood.
Within just 30 minutes by car from the urban area, abundant nature is still here. The silence behind the forest make you so pleasant that you’ll find a new aspect of Sapporo. Hikers and Climbers increase every year. Climbing to the top of Mt.Teine, It takes at latest 3 hours from here even if 6 years old child. However, if you head for the top, this is so real climbing itself that you should prepare enough. A tour guide must be hired if you are a beginner.
You’ll see various alpine-plants. They don’t have such a gorgeous beauty as rose. You would fail to notice their tiny one, but the brilliance of nature is just like that.
In winter, everything is frozen and under the heavy snow.
Why are there shrines at the foot of the mountain? Because for centuries, the mountain have been considered sacred by the Japanese. The object of worship is invisible but people feel its entity so that they build a shrine for their faith. People have several kind of benefit from the nature. This is a grateful place for the blessings of nature.
- Bankei Ski Area
- Horomitouge lavender garden
- Sapporo Teine Ski Area
- Military housing of Kotoni Tondenhei Village(琴似屯田兵村兵屋跡), Sapporo
- Hiking from Sankakuyama to Okurayama in Sapporo