posted on December 22, 2019
Tomamu Ski Area is located in the south central Hokkaido close to Furano.
There are 29 courses, 1 for novice, 10 for beginner, 14 for intermediate and 4 courses for advanced. Also a backcountry tour is available.
The slopes are divided by level of skiing which style makes the only one area in Japan and Tomamu Ski Area has been making their efforts to be sure for safety.
Snow condition is good. Basically every ski areas in Hokkaido has powder snow such as Niseko in the midst of Ski season. You will enjoy skiing all day long.
- Googlemaps could not indicate safety route in any case. I guess it might indicates a short-cut or the fastest route. But sometimes it is dangerous and hard to drive. It is no good idea for travelers who are not familiar to Hokkaido.
- You must take a wider and popular route such as indicated at the traffic board even if you are in a hurry.
Car from Sapporo
- Take DO-O Expressway via D0-TO Expressway to Tomamu I.C. It takes about 2 hours.
Car from Asahikawa or Furano
- Take route 136, 1117, 38, and 237. It takes about 3 hours.
- Don’t take route 1030 which some car navigation might show you. This is dangerous route for tourist.
- When you get off the train at Tomamu St., A shuttle bus to the Tomamu resort is waiting for you. It takes 5-10 minutes.