This is the oldest fish market in Sapporo. Its roots began at the beginning of the Meiji era. The market was the union of 13 fish markets. Before World War II, the market was called ‘Central Market’中央市場, which was being very lively. After WWII, the market was called ‘Nijo Fish Market’, 二条市場. These market are retail stores which deal marine products such as Salmon or Kegani(crab), also Fruits and vegetables. Now, the market has been still loved by not only tourists but also the local people. Anyway, Sapporo Central Wholesale Market is located in North 12, West 20, Chuo-ku, the west side of Sapporo. Theis is the biggest wholesale market in Hokkaido.
- Minami 3-jo ~ Higashi 1-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- 5minites walk from Odori park
- Take a Tozai Line to Bus Center(バスセンター）
- Shops: 7:00 – 18:00
- Restaurants: 6:00 – 21:00
- *Shop and restaurant hours may vary