Hakodate Jomon Culture Center
Hakodate Jomon Culture Center(函館縄文文化交流センター) is located in Usujiri Cho where it takes 1 hour by car. This is a museum for presenting the Jomon culture in Hokkaido. There is the only one national treasure in Hokkaido, Chuku Dogu(中空土偶) which is a doll as buried properties in the museum. There are 91 ruins of Jomon period around the museum and the area around Minamikayabe facing to Funkawan Gulf. All of them are very interesting and valuable cultural properties, so that it is designated as temporally list for World Heritage. These area may be designated as the World Heritage near future.
- Exhibition room1: understanding Jomon and ancient Japanese culture.
- Exhibition room2: showing many an earthen vessel, tools and their life style.
- Exhibition room3: showing Jomon spiritual nature by buried properties.
- Exhibition room4: Chuku Dogu, the National Treasure.
- Experience and study room: making some accessories and earthen vessels.
- Road Station and Museum shop: lavatory is available 24 hours.
- 9:00 – 17:00 (1 April to 31 October)
- 9:00 – 16:30 (1 November to 31 March)
- Monday, if Monday is holiday, the next Tuesday is closed.
- The last Friday of the month
- 29 Dec to 3 Jan
- Adult: 300 yen (a group more than 20 people: 240 yen)
- Child: 150 yen (a group more than 20 people: 120 yen)
- Under elementary school: free
1 hour by car from Hakodate