This is the fist day in this year when Drift Ice has come in Abashiri port on 19 January 2015. Drift Ice sightseeing boat, ‘Aurora 2’ will be operated from 20 Jan to 5 April. The most exciting winter activity, drift ice watching is unforgettable experience you have in Hokkaido.
Date and Hours: January – April(every day)
Boarding process must be completed by 15 minutes prior to departure time.
*Boarding time is about 1 hour. (Subject to change according to drift ice conditions).
*Route switches to a pleasure cruise to the Cape of Notoro when there are no drift ice.
*The Sunset Cruise may be cancelled if the minimum passenger count is not met, or if there are no drift ice to be seen.
*From March 15 onwards, the ship may not sail if at least 15 people have not made reservations by the day before.
- adult: 3,500 yen (more than 15 people group: 3,150 yen)
- child: 1,750 yen (more than 15 people group: 1,580 yen)
- special sheet plus 400 yen
Airplane: to Memanbetsu airport
- From Haneda Airport: 1 hour 50 min.
- From Kansai Airport: 1 hour 50 min.
- From Chubu Airport: 1 hour 50 min.
- New Chitose Airport: 45 min.
- Okadama Airport: 50 min.
- Take a shuttle bus from Memanbetsu airport to Abashiri station. It takes 30 min and transfer a shuttle bus to Michinoeki Drift Ice terminal(道の駅流氷砕氷船のりば). It takes 10 min.
- Airport shuttle bus leaves 10 or 15 minutes later after the airplane arrive.
JR: to Abashiri station
- Sapporo station: 5 hours 30 min.
- Asahikawa station: 3 hours 50 min.
- Kushiro station: 3 hours.
- Take a shuttle bus to Michinoeki Drift Ice terminal(道の駅流氷砕氷船のりば). It takes 10 min.